Friday, 16 November 2012

FPL Hints - Gameweek 12

FPLH's GW 12 Team*

Transfers:Vorm (OUT) / Ruddy (IN)

*FPLH reserves the right to change this team at any time. Any changes made will be confirmed on FPLH's Twitter and Facebook accounts.

Team Selection Reasoning

I'm back. I am pleased to say that International football is over for a good few months now, just enough time to recover from Zlatan's wonder goal!  Back to real fantasy football... 
I have only made one change this GW. In doing so I have saved £0.5M, with £2.2M in total banked.  I sold the injured Vorm for Ruddy.  This move may come as a surprise, but he has kept 4 clean sheets (joint 2nd best).  I intend to have him as a back up to Begovic but may use him as my first choice keeper in GW 15 (Home - Sunderland) and GW 17 (Home - Wigan) respectively.  I don't intend to make any changes to my goal keeping combo till at least GW 20.

With my other spare transfer I was very tempted to shop around for a striker to replace Defoe.  But then realised that GWs 13 and 14 are only separated by two days, which could result in players being rested and the transfer being wasted.  Moreover, My 5 midfielders seem to have good upcoming fixtures this GW and with Defoe being a doubt I thought it best to go 3-5-2 and give them all a run in the first team.

On a side note, I was recently reminded of an old FPL ace transfer tactic - The Differential.  I will explain more about it in my FAQs page shortly.  But I think now is the time to shop around for differentials as FPL teams look more and more similar.  Narrow margins will be the difference between you winning your private league or finishing mid-table, thus look out for Premier League footballers that are not owned by many!

Recommended Player for Gameweek 12
  
Luis Suarez

Wigan have conceded 1.6 goals per game in the league so far
Suarez has scored 3 & assisted 2 in his last 4 PL matches
At 10.0 he is still cheaper than other top forwards
 Remains Liverpool's sole de facto goal threat

Generates Headlines

FPLH's Hot Picks XI for GW 12

  Hart (MNC)

  Kompany (MNC)
Baines (EVE)
    Rafael (MNU)

Cazorla (ARS)
Sterling (LIV)
Fellaini (EVE)
Ben Arfa (NEW)
  
Ba (NEW)
  Tevez / cpt (MNC)
  Suarez / vc(WIG)

Subs:
  
Schwarzer (FUL)
Johnson (LIV)
Michu (SWA)
Riise (FUL)

6/15 Hot Picks' feature in FPLH's GW 12 Team