Friday, 3 February 2012

Gameweek 23 Summary

What an interesting post-transfer window gameweek of sorts - Man City's surprising 0-1 defeat to Everton (courtesy of an ex-Man United player's goal) ensured that United joined them level on points at the top of the table, with a 2-0 victory over Stoke.  Swansea were held to a commendable 1-1 draw, via a last gasp injury-time equaliser, whilst an unimpressive Arsenal drew 0-0 to relegation strugglers Bolton.  Liverpool won by three goals against Fulham, as did Sunderland versus Norwich.  Fulham drew with West Brom, as did Aston Villa with QPR.  Finally, a Ba-less Newcastle dealt a 0-2 defeat to a Yakubu-less Blackburn, whilst Spurs beat Wigan 3-1.

Despite last minute injuries/withdrawals of Lindegaard, Gerrard and Terry I had a very decent Gameweek by accumulating 65 points.  My best points scorer was my captain (20), Sessegnon, which massively added to my points tally.  I got that pick bang on!  I accumulated a further 18 points jointly from Evans and R Taylor's clean sheets and bonus points, a long with a further 9 from on-form Dempsey and 6 from Ekotto.  In addition, it has to be said that it was an extremely quiet gameweek for strikers with many popular selections not scoring, i.e. RVP, Aguero, Adebayor, Sturridge, etc.  After using my wild card I didn't intend to tinker too much with my team, but it looks like I will have to now due to a injuries/player inconsistency.  Moreover, QPR's and Man City's favourable fixtures are enticing me to invest in their players.  I might take a -4 hit to capitalise on the aforementioned.  Whether I will or not will be shown in my next post.  So stay tuned!