Monday, 17 October 2011

Gameweek 8 Summary

Well, well, well... another mixed GW for me.  All of my defenders let me down by conceding goals.  Fortunately Ashley Cole and Ryan Taylor (autosub) saved face to a small extent, by managing a couple of assists between them.  My goalkeeper Hart conceded his fourth goal in eight premier league outings, during City's 4-1 thrashing of Aston Villa.  Midfielders Petrov and Cabaye failed to get a goal or an assist.  On a brighter note, my recommended player for gameweek 8 managed an assist.  Sinclair is truly on form by bagging 29 points in the last 4 games, which equates to a respectable 7.25 points per game.  

I got my captain's pick correct with Van Persie as he bagged two goals from upfront.  However, I only got 1 point from my other two strikers - Dzeko who got no game time and Rooney who came off the bench and didn't do much.  To top things off I selected Huth, who turned out to be an unused sub, as Stoke obtained a clean sheet - yet my other autosub (Cahill) failed to protect a clean sheet.  As a result of this GW I have finally transferred Huth in place of Liverpool's Jose Enrique.  I will also get rid off Cahill if he fails to perform in the next GW.  I am also inclined to ditch Dzeko as he has not regularly played 90 minutes in the Premier League this season for City despite his proven form.  Finally, I am now keeping track of John Terry who scored his second league goal this season and Norwich's Anthony Pilkington (5.0) who has scored three in his last four league games.

I will post my recommended player for gameweek 9 in due course.  Your thoughts are most welcome as always.  Until next time, ciao.