Sunday, 2 October 2011

Gameweek 7 Summary

A mixed GW for me.  I was unfortunate in having Aguero as my captain, who got injured in the first half.  Dzeko was my other striker and only came on for a cameo appearance at the end of the match as City won 0-4.  To make matters worse I benched Rooney as he was apparently suffering from an injury after his last match, yet he recovered and managed an assist.  On a brighter note, Hart kept a clean sheet and all of my bargain basement midfielders (Ramsey, Cabaye, Petrov, Sinclair) either assisted or scored.  

Alas, all of my defenders conceded goals, apart from my recommender player of the gameweek (Phil Jones) who kept a clean sheet.  My purchase of Ramsey proved a success with his clinical strike, even though Arsenal lost.  It was a good week for English players - Frank Lampard, Daniel Sturridge, Andrew Johnson, Danny Murphy and Bobby Zamora bagging a hatful of goals between them.

For the upcoming GW I have transferred Aguero for Van Persie, due to his injury.  This may be a long term move on my part, as Van Persie is Arsenal's main striker and is more likely to get minutes on the pitch than Aguero in Man City's more apparent squad rotating system.  I am inclined to ditch Cahill and Huth, due to their teams respective poor forms.  Replacements I have in mind are Fulham's attacking wing back JA Riise (5.8) or Liverpool's Jose Enrique (a steal at 5.1).  Until next time, adios!