Thursday, 10 March 2016

Chief's #FPL Team - Gameweek 30

Disclaimer: *I reserve the right to change this team at any time. Any changes will most likely be confirmed on FPLH's Twitter account.
  

TRANSFERS: 1

YAYA TOURE  IN / OZIL OUT 

AOA CHIP (2-5-3 formation): ACTIVATED

MONEY IN THE FPL BANK:

£3.7M (+£1.2M) 

  FREE @FPLHints Classic League Code (click to join) : 274-641

It's Gameweek 30 and that means one thing, it's the final countdown!
 
This time last year I was ranked 69k and was moaning about it.  How I'd like to be ranked there right now! To be put it frankly, I have a tough job to even scrape into the Top 100,000 at present.  Having said that, a 250,000 OR rise in the last 4 Gameweeks has certainly helped.  The chips and wildcard are my final calculated haymakers as I pull my final punches for the last rounds of the season. With that in mind, I have finally decided to deploy my first ever chip in FPL - The All Out Attack Chip (AoA), 2-5-3 formation.  I believe it makes sense to use it during a truncated Gameweek and my transfers in the previous 2-3 weeks have been influenced by this pathway.  Furthermore, I could wildcard in Gameweek 33, use Bench Boost in Double Gameweek 34 and use the Triple Captain chip in Double Gameweek 37.

In terms of my purchase, it was between Silva and Yaya Toure.  The former is more inclined to assisting and the latter is more prone to scoring goals.  Silva's ownership is just over 5%, whereas Yaya is owned by around 15%.  Both have lacked consistent form prior to last weekend.  But I opted for Yaya as Silva's away form in the PL has been shocking this season.  Moreover, Yaya has a history of scoring against Norwich and is on free kick duty. To top it all off, he offers more added value with a cheaper price tag (-£1.4M).  Some may that it's risky having triple Leicester, triple Spurs and triple City cover. But the fact of the matter is that they have reasonable opposition in Gameweek 30 and are ranked in top 4 of the league.

In terms of captaincy, I think we are spoilt for choice.  I opted against Kane and Aguero due to their European commitments.  It kind of made sense to pick a Leicester player as captain for Monday Night Football against a struggling Newcastle United side.  Mahrez's form secured the armband over Vardy.

All the best.