Thursday, 10 December 2015

Chief's #FPL Team - Gameweek 16

Disclaimer: *I reserve the right to change this team at any time. Any changes will most likely be confirmed on FPLH's Twitter account.
 

TRANSFERS:

Rojo and Deulofeu OUT
Kolarov and Coutinho IN
 
CHIPS USED: 0

MONEY IN THE FPL BANK:
 
£2.3M

 

Thoughts: 
 
It goes without saying, Gameweek 15 wasn't nice for my fantasy football team.  40 net points was well below the average and Mahrez's hat-trick didn't help, that's for sure.  All in all, the gains from the previous Gameweek were eroded with a 300k OR fall.  Time to invest in higher ownership players...

Looking to Gameweek 16, I could have panicked and bought Mahrez in the unlikely hope that he would bag another hat-trick.  I think that train has sailed and Leicester will struggle to score 2+ goals a match in the weeks ahead as their fixtures get tougher.  I even considered selling Vardy for Giroud, but I'm happy to wait two more Gameweeks before I do so. I was close to selling Lingard for Silva, but that would have forced me to bench Vardy.

I decided to buy Coutinho as I think he's close to 100% fitness and has a good run of upcoming games.  In addition, his form (pre-injury) was scintillating. I needed an attacking Liverpool player in my team - he made sense.  In addition, Dier may be a doubt against Newcastle.  But I have retained him as he could still be fit for Sunday.  I wanted to sell Rojo but in truth there weren't many viable alternatives.  I opted for Kolarov in the end due to his attacking prowess and City's fixtures.  Yes, City are prone to conceding goals without Kompany, but I feel that Kolarov has a spark about him - as well as high ownership.

Finally, I decided to captain Kane as he was rested on Thursday and Newcastle United's away record is abysmal.
 
Good luck to you all!