Thursday, 17 December 2015

Chief's #FPL Team - Gameweek 17

Disclaimer: *I reserve the right to change this team at any time. Any changes will most likely be confirmed on FPLH's Twitter account.
  

TRANSFERS:

Lingard and Kane OUT

Mahrez and Giroud IN
(-4 HIT)

CHIPS USED: 0 

MONEY IN THE FPL BANK:


The season thus far has been nothing but a roller coaster for my FPL team, which has complemented the unpredictable trends in the league - rise of Leicester and fall of Chelsea to name but two things.  Form truly has been key.  Class hasn't mattered a jot.  Differentials have proven to be frivolous, whereas as template teams have emerged as being shrewd.  My team is bouncing between 500-900k and I have nothing to lose. I will go with the flow but also do my own thing.

City's rotation last week cost my FPL team a lot.  I effectively wasted a transfer on Kolarov and lost a few points with Bennett as my third sub.  Looking ahead I decided to re-buy Mahrez as everyone owns him!  I can't risk not having him anymore due to his high ownership.  Selling Lingard made sense as I needed to beef up bench for the busy fixture period.  I guess, it's my other transfer that is the bigger surprise - OUI, I have finally forgiven Olivier Giroud after his Boxing Day antics and bought him back in to my team!  I genuinely thought I would never do this, but I have and here's why:




I am fully aware that there are better captain picks than Giroud but his form has been scintillating of late and he will want to prove a point against City after some lacklustre performances against bigger teams this season.  In addition, I have decided to bench de Bruyne as he hasn't scored or assisted in his last 3 away PL games, but will start Kolarov as i think he can offer more than Dier and Bennett in Gameweek 17, even if it isn't a clean sheet.  Here's to hoping.

Good luck to you all!