Thursday, 3 December 2015

Chief's #FPL Team - Gameweek 15

Disclaimer: *I reserve the right to change this team at any time. Any changes will most likely be confirmed on FPLH's Twitter account.
 

TRANSFERS:

SANCHEZ OUT
BARKLEY IN
 
1 FREE TRANSFER AVAILABLE

CHIPS USED: 0

MONEY IN THE FPL BANK:
 
£5.5M

 

Thoughts: 

An activated wildcard at the optimum time can make a massive difference in FPL. I accrued 146 net points between GWs 13-14 (+500k OR rise) post-wildcard, whereas I only scored a paltry 134 points between GWs 10-12 (-350k OR fall).  Having said that, if I bought Barkley instead of Deulofeu before Gameweek 13 I would have been 24 points better off.  I am not too fussed as 8 out of 11 of my team bagged fantasy returns last weekend allowing me to score well above the average.
 
Sanchez's injury gave me an opportunity to re-jig my midfield and I decided to make a bold move as Barkely was due to increase in price after Tuesday night and Sanchez due to fall.  I already had Lukaku and Deulofeu but I simply couldn't ignore Barkley.  I decided to take a calculated risk and purchase him due to Everton's scintillating run of games between GWs 15-20.  The Toffees have been scoring for fun and the fact that I have 3 of their best attacking players (bargain cumulative value: £22M~) is a boon as not many FPL managers would take such a risk with this tripartite combination.  Honourable mentions should also go to Hazard and Silva.
 
I could have also replaced Rojo (injured) with my other free transfer, but I'm happy to start Dier instead.  In terms of captaincy, I considered Ozil but was worried about "Big Sam's" recent defensive successes.  De Bruyne was also viable, but he's playing away.  It made sense to pick an Everton player.  I am aware that Palace have a good away record this season, but I think the match on Monday has the potential for lots of goals.  I also look forward to the prospect of having 4 MNF players in Gameweek 15.

Good luck to you all!