Thursday, 5 November 2015

Chief's #FPL Team - Gameweek 12


Disclaimer: *FPLH reserves the right to change this team at any time. Any changes made will  most likely be confirmed on FPLH's Twitter account.


 CHIPS USED: 0

GW TRANSFER(S): 1

  ROJO (IN)

  FRANCIS (OUT)

  WILDCARD: UNTOUCHED
(TBU after GW12 deadline)


Thoughts & Reasoning:

The less said about the last 3 Gameweeks, the better. I have fallen 500,000 places after de Bruyne and Aguero gifted me 97 points in Gameweek 8. I opted against using my wild card during the subsequent international break due to the big haul. I guess that was a mistake as my squad needed tweaking and my short term -4 hits didn't make a significant impact. What's telling is that my defensive choices have been poor.  I have chopped and changed so much at the front that I have neglected the back - in fact Kolarov and Begovic have been the only defensive changes since Gamewek 1. I guess I need to correct that before it's too late. It's officially my worst start to a FPL season. The only way is up (I hope).

I didn't want to take a hit in Gameweek 12 as I will activate my wild card once the deadline passes so that I can toy with it during the international break.  I know that the panelists on the FanFeud podcast talked about the merits of doubling up with Leicester (Mahrez and Vardy). But looking at my "Front 7" I felt that it doesn't need changing for this weekend, which meant that I could address some defensive issues.  I decided to sell Francis due to Bournemouth's lack of clean sheets. I think Newcastle are capable of scoring 1+ against them even if they lose.  Rojo made sense due to a number of reasons - low ownership (1.3%), cheap price close to a rise (£5.4m), attained bonus points in his recent starts but most significantly United have been keeping clean sheets.  In addition, United have a good run of upcoming games, the first of which is against a WBA team that has been scoring less than a goal a game.

As for my captain, it was a choice between Vardy and de Bruyne.  I opted for the latter as I feel that the Belgian can be an explosive FPL player and is due a goal. The fact he didn't play a full 90 minutes last weekend or during the week is a good sign - he has bagged some rest. He's facing a Villa team that has conceded almost 2 league goals a game since Gameweek 1. I know that Vardy has form on his side, but he is facing a Watford team that is defensively robust. If Ighalo doesn't start against Leicester they may do all they can from keeping the Foxes from scoring. Vardy is due a blank. Could this be the weekend for it? Finally, another novel reason which validates de Bruyne as captain is based on an interesting fact that I discovered through Fantasy Football Fix.  He's playing just after Sunday lunchtime (13:30 GMT) which appears to be the most optimum time for average goals scored, as follows:
Good luck to you all!