Thursday, 14 March 2013

FPL Hints - Gameweek 30


FPLH's GW 30 Team*

Transfers: Fellaini OUT / Mata IN

*FPLH reserves the right to change this team at any time. Any changes made will be confirmed on FPLH's Twitter and Facebook accounts.


Team Reasoning

I ended up with 40 points during last week's truncated GW.  I would have taken 30 points if they were offered before hand.  But the Santon/Coutinho fail didn't help my cause.  Moreover I probably should have gone for the common Suarez or Bale captain option rather than risking Sissoko to boost my tally as my positioning fell slightly.  But it was worth a try nonetheless.  On a side note, GW 33 is confirmed as a DGW for Man United, Arsenal, Everton and West Ham.  I think more DGWs will be likely with fixtures involving Tottenham, Newcastle and Chelsea due to Europa League progression.

This GW I decided to not do too much with my team as next week is the much maligned international break.  However, I decided to sell Fellaini.  I think he will struggle to do well against a rejuvenated City team and their tough defence.  Moreover Fellaini is one yellow card away from a two match ban, so it made sense to ditch him.

I transferred in Mata as I believe he is the linchpin to Chelsea's attacks.  His PL goals and assists are indicative of this.  I always look for a FPL bargain and was shocked to see that his FPL price had nosedived by £0.4M since his last PL outing.  He is due to face an inconsistent West Ham team on Sunday afternoon.  Chelsea will go out for the win as they are still not guaranteed a Champions League place for next season.

My captain for this GW is Robin Van Persie.  He is due a brace or a hat-trick, especially with no more Euro concerns - What better way to do so than against a manager-less relegation bound team?

Recommended Player for Gameweek 30

  Juan Mata



 FPLH's Hot Picks XI

de Gea

Rafael
Luiz
Terry

Sissoko
Mata
Walcott
Gerrard
Bale

Van Persie (vc)
Suarez

Subs:
Mignolet
Shawcross
Dawson
Benteke

5/15 Hot Picks' feature in FPLH's GW Team

---


Get Paid Cashback!  Help yourself and help FPLH: