Thursday, 17 November 2016

Zero Hero - Gameweek 12


ZERO HERO
0% PUNT PICK


This punt pick feature will recommend a super differential with ownership of 0.9% or less.  Hence the name "Zero Hero"!

Name: Roberto Pereyra
Team: Watford
Position: Midfielder
Price: £6.0M



Differential FPL choices can either be a wicked nightmare or a blessed dream. Often the beauty of a differential is that you have very little to lose and the chance to sky rocket your overall rank. Today, we are back with the 0% Zero Hero article – this differential isn’t just a normal differential, it’s an M&S Black Forest Gateau after a five course dinner differential. Crème de la crème!

As I’m traipsing through the depths and realms of the #FPL site, I succumb to last week’s punt, Josh King (BOU) that was excellently handpicked by our very own @FPLSailors. Obviously it came to no avail and Josh had a shocker of a game but that’s football, and I’m not sure I will have such a promising prospect for GW12 – but here goes….

The Watford midfielder Roberto Pereya (6.0m) immediately caught my eye, priced reasonably and boasting only a 0.6% TSB. Amazingly, Watford are as high as seventh in the premier league standings and have played surprisingly badly. The Argentine is a constant assist threat and can grab a goal here and there. He is commonly on free kicks and corners which is an added bonus for such a low owner percentage. Roberto has returned points in 4 GWs this season which baffles me to why nobody owns him. Deeney, Ighalo and Capoue are all out of the goals which could only mean one thing – Watford blank. Only joking, Roberto has the capabilities and I’m eagerly anticipating a return from him this coming GW. With Leicester at home coming up for GW12, I would be inclined give this differential a shot (no pun intended). Even for the next three games, in which Watford play Leicester and Stoke at home and WBA away, Pereyra could be absolute FPL GOLD.

In order to secure my Zero Hero choice, I gave Roberto a quick call and asked him “cheeky brace this weekend please pal?” He said “of course”, well at least I think that’s what he said, I don’t really understand Spanish. So think of me when you see Pereyra wielding away for his second goal of the game in celebration – good luck everyone, let’s hope we have some FPL luck on our side this time. 

Prediction (Points) : 5+ pts 

Written by @FPL_Opinion