Thursday, 14 January 2016

Chief's #FPL Team - Gameweek 22

Disclaimer: *I reserve the right to change this team at any time. Any changes will most likely be confirmed on FPLH's Twitter account.
  

TRANSFERS: 0

CHIPS USED: 0 

MONEY IN THE FPL BANK:

  £0.0M 
  
 
Another captain fail, yet another green arrow.  I have to say that I've been mildly lucky of late.  The Payet purchase for Gameweek 21 certainly vindicated the hit and Giroud's brace was a bonus.  Having said that, Kolarov's no show and Bennett's subsequent -1 added to lost points.  In addition, I kind of feel that the failure of the "Template Team" for two consecutive Gameweeks has been a lost opportunity for me.  Granted, my team has risen 200k over the last 4 Gameweeks.  But my failure to take a bigger risk against convention and primarily use "shield" tactics has led to slower than desired progress.

Looking at Gameweek 22, I wanted to sell Kolarov.  Sagna seemed like the straight forward replacement.  But it seems like City have a full back rotation nightmare on their hands with Kolarov v Clichy and Sagna v Zabaleta to the dismay of FPL managers.  I am happy to give Kolarov one final chance and let Bennett auto sub on should the Serbian do another no show.  Azpilicueta and Baines seem like the probably replacements that I am considering.  In any case, I would welcome 2 FTs for Gameweek 23 if it means that I can also offload Barkley or Mahrez.

I was toying with the idea of captaining Payet for this Gameweek.  However, I have opted for Aguero (again).  City rarely go goalless at home.  The bore score draw v Everton was their first 0-0 in the Premier League since 2010.  They face a Crystal Palace team that has lacked form and fitness in recent weeks.  I am happy to let Aguero and his armband have a bite or two at them.  Good luck to you all!