Friday, 17 October 2014

#FlyBuy - GW8

My word that's been a long two weeks! International breaks really do interfere with the world of FPL. I'm not a fan! But at least it's given me the opportunity to reflect on the first 7 gameweeks. From a personal point of view its been pretty good. In the Top 21k and with only one red arrow so far. The decision to captain Ulloa over Di Maria in GW 7 is one that cost dearly but hey-ho.

The other thing that has been a disappointment are my FlyBuy picks to date. A mixture of bad luck and poor choices have combined to ensure NOBODY is taking any notice of my picks anymore! 

My choice for GW8 does err on the side of caution, and admittedly he did score last time out. But I believe he has the potential to go nuclear over the next few gameweeks, and for that reason I'm selecting him. A decision to captain him late last season cost me horrifically when he failed to deliver, but I hold no grudges. This week he faces everybody's favourite whipping boys, QPR, and I expect him to accumulate some points.

Maybe he is regretting the decision to move in the Summer, especially with his old club riding high in the table. Hopefully he will use that as an incentive to push himself harder and score the goals to propel his new team up the league. 

Yep, this week's FlyBuy is Liverpool and England midfielder, Adam Lallana. Pricey at £8.4m, but if you want to get away from the Template team, an astonishing fact is that he is owned by just 0.8% of FPL managers! An uber-differential!!

On a final note, take a look below at how a couple of previous FlyBuy's are doing. Particularly Yaya and Bony. Pienaar is back now too. Maybe I haven't lost my touch after all. Remember: FlyBuy isn't just a one gameweek pick...I select based on a 5 week window...

FLY
@meet_the_gadfly


FlyBuy picks to date (only takes into account 5 GWs)



GW1 - Calum Chambers (ARS) - Points: 1 / 0 / 8 / 1 / 5 
GW2 - Steven Pienaar (EVE) - Points: 1 / 0 (inj) / DNP / DNP / DNP
GW3 - Siem de Jong (NEW) - Points: 2 (inj) / DNP / DNP / DNP / DNP
GW4 - Marko Arnautovic (STO) - Points: DNP / 1 / 3 / 2
GW5 - Yaya Toure (MCY) - Points: 1 / 2 / 11
GW6 - Wilfried Bony (SWA) - Points: 1 / 6
GW7 - Kevin Nolan (WHY) - Points: 1