Thursday, 2 October 2014

#FlyBuy - GW7

And so my dismal record continues! To be honest it'd be a miracle if any of my FlyBuy picks ever provide a decent FPL points return ever again! When you look at the Stats and see that my GW1 pick of Calum Chambers is the top scorer with 8 points in GW3, you get an idea for how badly I am doing. Last week's pick was Swansea man Wilfried Bony, who after his red card in GW5 was only trusted for an 18 minute cameo providing a solitary point.

But you can't deter me. I will keep looking, and keep picking. I hope you all remember that the selection criteria for a FlyBuy pick is a player who HASN'T been doing particularly well for one reason or another (poor form or maybe a return from injury). Hence why I can't go and pick someone like Pelle or Chadli for instance. Also, it's not just a one week pick, it's a selection based on the possibility of them going on a run over approximately 5 weeks.

This week's pick comes from a team whose players have been generating a lot of interest on Twitter this week. Rather unusually, this interest comes from West Ham. I know, I know, everyone has been on the crazy pills, but it shouldn't be ignored that their next couple of fixtures are against QPR (H) and Burnley (A) respectively. Downing and Sakho in particular are the names I am seeing cropping up regularly as transfer targets for some managers this week. But I think the REAL potential points gatherer lies elsewhere in that team.

Having returned from injury and putting in a 16 minute cameo in GW6, he had been out since GW2. But this is a guy who doesn't often need a few matches to return to full fitness, unlike others. In actual fact I think he'll be back amongst the points during the Super Sunday match. With just 1.4% ownership, virtually guaranteed to be from managers who forgot about their teams after GW1 and who are drifting around the bottom of the rankings as rudderless ghost ships. I'm choosing Kevin Nolan at £6.3m to be the differential you should consider to replace the injured Aaron Ramsey in your FPL midfield. This could be the week the worm turns, and if it is, you can say you were all over it...

FLY
@meet_the_gadfly


FlyBuy picks to date:



GW1 - Calum Chambers (ARS) - Points: 1 / 0 / 8 / 1 / 5 / 1
GW2 - Steven Pienaar (EVE) - Points: 1 / 0 (inj) / DNP / DNP / DNP
GW3 - Siem de Jong (NEW) - Points: 2 (inj) / DNP / DNP / DNP / DNP
GW4 - Marko Arnautovic (STO) - Points: DNP / 1 / 3
GW5 - Yaya Toure (MCY) - Points: 1 / 2
GW6 - Wilfried Bony (SWA) - Points: 1