Friday, 15 April 2016

Chief's FPL Team Double Gameweek 34: Wildcard Edition

Disclaimer: *I reserve the right to change this team at any time. Any changes will most likely be confirmed on FPLH's Twitter account


WILDCARD ACTIVATED
 

Yes, you read that right. I made a long-awaited spontaneous move!
 
No need to rub your eyes... "WILDCARD ACTIVATED".
 
It was never part of the plan to use it during a week in which I was keen to use one of my chips. But the fact of the matter is that I bagged a bad red arrow in Double Gameweek 33 following my failed purchases of Lukaku (c) and Lennon - I fell down by over 100,000 places. Ironically the two Evertonians could now be doubts for their upcoming game and with four other players who are also doubts or unlikely to start I had to take a risk and use my wildcard.  Was I willing to risk a -8/-12 with no thought for GW35? Of course not.  Plans are there to be redrawn or ignored.  The aforementioned quagmire meant that I had an opportunity to build a wild card team for DGW34 and "Blank" GW35. I will still use one of my chips in DGW37. As for the other chip (most likely Triple Captain) I could use that for the final Gameweek of the season and hope for a random Theo Walcott hat-trick, right? I hate these blasted chips.

I was mindful of the fact that some DGW34 players have blanks in GW35. This meant that I didn't buy Carroll or top up with three United players. It's now or never for Newcastle, so Mitrovic was worth a shout, alongside a rejuvenated Welbeck. Liverpool are plagued with rotation as a result of their European adventure. I wanted a defender, but Mignolet seemed the "safest" pick at the back.  I could have opted for Coutinho or Firmino but the latter hasn't played much of late. I had to get de Bruyne as he has proven to play well with Aguero. In terms of defence, Bellerin and Smalling are players that I have wanted since August, but have only now been able to accommodate both. I wanted guaranteed GW35 Spurs and Leicester cover so I somehow managed to squeeze in Dembele and Simpson. Darlow and Bennett are bench fodder with the latter in line for DGW37. The downside to all of this is that I sold Kane, Alli and Mahrez - they have no Double Gameweeks this season.

For more Double Gameweek insight, be sure to check this out.
 
Good luck to you all.