Thursday, 16 January 2014

Chief's FPL Team - Gameweek 22

Disclaimer: *FPLH reserves the right to change this team at any time. Any changes made will most likely be confirmed on FPLH's Twitter account.


TRANSFERS (-4 HIT):

Rooney & Dzeko OUT
 Negredo & Lukaku IN

Two Wildcards still intact

It can be tough being a lead writer for a blog where your personal fantasy football team is constantly in the spotlight.  All the more so when you voluntarily publish your team 36-48 hours before each Gameweek to tens of thousands of people. It's not nice getting flak when you get it wrong or if people blame you for their own choices. Dedication, immense research and focus is required with burnout not being an option.  It wasn't easy for me to finish in the top 0.2% over the last 2 seasons.  I am a Former World No. 73, don't ya know?  Having said that, Alejandro Gonzalez is a World No. 74 in tennis, buy you don't see him being pompous about that; rank context. The only difference... he is up against another 1,000 or so professionals, where as my former high rank was in a field of 2.78 million; real context. What's up with all this pondering and lamenting you may ask? Well, for the first time ever, my #MNF captain failed and my GW score was alas bang on average.  I am now enduring my worst run in FPL since the turn of this decade and I haven't scored 80+ since DGW1 (despite a string of 60-79 scores since then).  As a result of the status quo, I have decided to focus less on Twitter and more on my team.  I am sorry if I haven't been tweeting too much recently, but I'm not keen on people constantly asking me to respond to Twitter RMT requests.  Please don't expect me to do so now or in the immediate future.  I'm sorry to be blunt, but I need to get back to basics.  My FPL team is the foundation stone of this blog and comes first in my personal FPL activities. I hope that doesn't sound too selfish.

As for GW22, you may have noticed that I haven't activated my wildcard yet.  When I do, I will inevitably transfer in Aguero.  While he is my #HotPick and I can afford him, I decided not to buy him.  I sold Rooney as I doubt he will be 90-100% fit for the Chelsea match and he tends to be off-form when he has fitness issues.  Also, I can't sell Rooney for Aguero as that would mean I have 4 City players which isn't possible.  Also, it would mean that Dzeko would have to go, but there aren't many options for good 7.0M strikers.  In the end I decided to buy Negredo as he has form on side and is cheap.  With the extra funds, I could have realistically bought Giroud or Lukaku.  Both play upfront alone but have patchy form, yet Lukaku is facing his old team.  Also he is playing on Monday night! Transfer made.  Whilst I won't captain him, I think he will come good against WBA and make amends for me.(and the #MNF performance).  For this Gameweek I decided to give the armband to Suarez, due to his amazing form. Sturridge may eat up some of the Uruguayan's goals, but they will both do well together.  I plan on activating my wildcard when the GW23 transfer window opens.

On a final note...

There is more to life than FPL

:)


3 comments:

  1. Nice team! Would you rather have Suarez or Aguero captain?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suarez is the safer pick. But both in essence are viable for the armband in GW22.

      Delete
  2. More to life than FPL?

    Not a hell of a lot more Chief...

    ;)

    ReplyDelete