Monday, 2 January 2012

Gameweek 19 Summary

I can sum up Gameweek 19 with a one-word syllable - WOW!  Why you may ask?  Well, Blackburn defied the odds by beating Manchester United at Old Trafford to finally move off bottom, which concurrently prevented Sir Alex (on his 70th birthday) going top at the end of 2011.  Manchester City failed to capitalise on United's defeat as they suffered an injury time loss away to Sunderland.  The shocks didn't end there, Chelsea lost 1-3 at home to a buoyant Aston Villa, as high flying Tottenham were held 1-1 away to Swansea.  Liverpool comfortable defeated Newcastle at home, whilst Arsenal managed a 1-0 victory over QPR.  Bolton were held 1-1 against Wolves, which reflected the same scoreline as Norwich's match against Fulham.  Finally, Everton won 0-1 away to West Brom as Stoke drew 2-2 at home to Wigan.

In terms of average points scored, this was probably one of the lowest in Fantasy Premier League history at 30 points.  In part, this was due to many regular first team players either being on the bench, completely rested or under-performing, i.e Silva, Aguero, Nani, Rooney, Lampard, Bale, Adebayor etc.  Fortunately my GW team bucked the trend by having Robin Van Persie as captain, which allowed me to accumulate a respectable 51 points.  This was also helped by the amazing superlatives of John Walters bagging a goal and an assist, along with my recommended player maintaining a clean sheet from defence.  Apart from that my other 8 players attained a miserly 15 points between them.  Such was my success in GW 19 that I have finally broken into the Overall Top 10,000 with my team now being ranked 9,503 out of 2.68 million FPL gamers!  Looking to GW 20, I will inevitably invest in two more Evertonians due to the "double gameweek", where Tottenham and Everton will play two matches (one with each other).  As it stands, from the two teams' players I currently have Walker, Bale, Adebayor and Baines.  I will reveal my remaining two Evertonian acquisitions for my recommended player of GW 20 soon.  I will also post my Half Season analysis and review shortly.  Until then, ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Walters was amazing and a great differential.

    Thanks Chief, nice one as usual

    ReplyDelete